Imagine that you are studying a newly discovered bacterium from a hot springs in Yellowstone National Park. When you examine the nucleotide composition of this organism, you find that 10% of the nucleotides in its DNA are adenine. What percentage of nucleotides are guanine? Explain.

0 votes
    10%, because A pairs with G
    40%, because A pairs with T (accounting for 20% of the bases), leaving 80% of the nucleotides as G-C base pairs; half of 80 is 40.
    90%, because 100% minus 10% equals 90%

asked May 30, 2013 in Biology by anonymous
    

1 Answer

0 votes
40%, because A pairs with T (accounting for 20% of the bases), leaving 80% of the nucleotides as G-C base pairs; half of 80 is 40.
answered May 31, 2013 by Bioshare ~Top Expert~ (34,070 points)

Related questions




...