Orthopedists treat fractures by aligning the broken bones to their normal positions. If surgery is needed, pins, screws, or plates may be used to stabilize the alignment; this procedure is called

+2 votes


  • closed reduction
  • electrical bone stimulation
  • bone grafting
  • internal fixation


asked Jul 12, 2012 in Health Sciences by MedicalTerm ~Expert~ (3,354 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes
Best answer

internal fixation

answered Jul 12, 2012 by MedicalTerm ~Expert~ (3,354 points)